Dr. Leon offers consultation services for parents. Parent consultations are one-time 60 or 90-minute sessions that focus on a single issue. Consultations are best suited for parents who do not need extensive support but may need guidance regarding a time-dependent or circumscribed issue. Consultation services include a post-session summary of recommendations and additional resources.
Dr. Leon can provide parents with guidance on the following consultation topics:
- Sharing difficult news (e.g., parental separation, death of a family member)
- Preparing for a big change (e.g., move, arrival of a new sibling)
- Preparing for a medical appointment (e.g., dentist, blood draw, vaccine, surgery)
- Initiating sensitive topics of conversation (e.g., sex, substance use, suicidal ideation)
- Understanding, preventing, and managing parental burnout
- Managing early childhood challenges (e.g., recurrent nightmares or night terrors, picky eating, toilet training)